Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Her Majesty's Crumpets

Woohoo! After all these years of being a huge Beatles fan, I finally had a dream in which they made an appearance. It's a nice change from all the weird fish and death-of-humanity dreams, sheesh.

Anyways, I was at a house with somebody (can't remember who) and we went out on the back porch and suddenly George Harrison was there. His hair was very curly/kinky, and he was also overweight (why??). I gasped and silently freaked inside, and then ran up and shook his hand.

"Oh my god. George... Harrison?" I whispered.

He smiled and nodded, then turned to this pile of stuff and began sifting through it. I got the feeling he was looking for a painting or something.

Since George was there, I immediately wondered if the other Beatles would show up, too. But apparently Paul and Ringo had other plans; they never showed up.

Then I was out on the front porch talking to some random, unidentifiable people when John Lennon walked up to me. He was holding a framed canvas in his hands, and he said something on the order of liking the painting. I was sort of puzzled as to why he wasn't being totally sarcastic and rude. I looked at the painting and silently freaked inside again: the painting John was holding is the painting of him I did that's currently hanging with the other Beatles on my bedroom wall (oooh, how eerie and cool!). I was so shocked and happy and stumbled around for words and eventually came out with how I didn't like the painting all that much because I messed up on a few areas, and pointed out one area in particular-- the lower right corner. The paint or part of the canvas was peeling off there. But John didn't seem to mind; he was very calm and sincere and said that I could fix that part. However, I jumped in and said that I would just repaint the whole thing for him.

And that's about as much as I can remember. How sad. Hopefully the Beatles, or some of them at least, will return to my dreams more often. It was a very happy time.

1 comment:

Iraqi American said...

i finally figured out my blog password so i can blog again! :)
hajer